You're reading 5 Yoga Poses Every Woman Should Practice, originally posted on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement. If you're enjoying this, please visit our site for more inspirational articles.
Yoga helps us to live in the moment and find a balance in life. In today’s modern world, women are the perfect epitome of how to balance life. A female body goes through sundry metamorphoses in her life at different phases with a lot of body changes. These physical developments and changes affect the mind and emotions equally and to maintain the harmony amongst them, a holistic approach is needed.
Yoga is an apt way of maintaining a healthy being, sound mind and a restful soul amidst the turmoil of today’s life. The enchanting practice of yoga manifests incredible support system in the life of every woman, helping them to find courage, strength and wisdom as well as help them stand against any situation.
Keeping in the mind the exigency of every woman, here we have listed below amazing five yoga poses women should practice every day.
Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
- Stand straight on the mat keeping the feet slightly apart and hands beside the body.
- Now bend your left knee slightly and fold it outward keeping the sole of the left feet on the inner right thigh.
- Ensure that the sole is firmly placed and balance the pose while breathing normally.
- Inhale and raise the arms upwards overhead and then bring them closer to join in the Namaste pose.
- Exhale, keep the spine erect, maintain balance and hold the pose for 30-40 seconds.
Virabhadrasana 2 (Warrior 2)
- Stand erect on the mat and then spread your legs 3-4 feet apart.
- Now turn the left foot outward about 90-degree angle and right foot inward about 15-degrees. The heels of your left foot aligned to the centre of the right foot.
- Now raise your arms upward up to the shoulder level, parallel to the floor and palms facing upward.
- Take a deep breath and bend your knees as you exhale. The left knee should outreach the ankle. The left knee and left ankle should form a straight line.
- Turn your head towards left, be comfortable in the pose and hold it for a minute.
- Inhale and release the pose. Relax and perform the same on the other side.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog)
- Begin with being on your four in a way that your body forms a table like a shape.
- Breathe out and gently lift up your hips, keeping the elbows and knees straight.
- The body needs to form an inverted V and then ensure that the shoulder and hands are aligned and the feet and hips are in a line.
- Your head should be in between the arms fixing the gaze towards the navel and let your ear touch the upper inner arms.
- Hold the pose for a minute while breathing normally.
Balasana (Child’s Pose)
- Kneel down on the floor keeping the big toes together with hands beside the body.
- Now exhale and pull down the body and sit on the heels, placing hips over them.
- Now spread the knees hip-width apart and then inhale, at the same time raise your hands upward overhead.
- Exhale and bend the torso downward folding from the hip joint and place the abdomen in between the knees.
- Your forehead should lie on the floor and arms in front of you over the head.
- Hold the pose for a minute or more.
Navasana (Boat Pose)
- Sit straight on the floor with hands beside the body and legs stretched outward in front of you.
- Now move your upper body slightly backward, breathe out and pull the legs up off the floor up to 45-degrees.
- Keep the back and knees straight, bring the toes to the eye level and ensure that you’re sitting on the hips.
- Now raise your arms forward, parallel to the floor and stay in the pose for 30 seconds.
Practising these amazing asanas daily builds strength and inspires to keep moving in life with courage amidst all the ups and downs
You've read 5 Yoga Poses Every Woman Should Practice, originally posted on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement. If you've enjoyed this, please visit our site for more inspirational articles.